Quick and Easy Pumpkin Craft – Inspired by Halloween Fun!
What has eight legs, and is full of seeds? A pumpkin spider, of course! How could I resist? 😉
Obviously I couldn’t resist… much like I find it so hard to resist holiday craft magazines. Crafting is kind of like cooking for me. I love to look through specialty magazines to get ideas on ways to make my home festive. Sometimes it can be really tricky though to find crafts that are quick, easy, and affordable. I just received a copy of Halloween Fun! and found a TON of ideas that meet all three of those requirements.
Halloween Fun! is inspired by Good Housekeeping, Redbook, and Country Living. It is full of spooktacular crafts, recipes, and activities that are great for any family. After just a day of flipping through this amazing resource, I was set on a great craft to do with Atticus. I took an idea from Halloween Fun!, and adjusted it just a little to make it toddler friendly. Try it out and add some eek-worthy décor to your home.
Quick and Easy Pumpkin Spider Craft
You will need:
– Decorative gourd or pumpkin.
– Black pipe cleaner (8 pieces for legs)
– Black magic marker
1. Use a thumbtack to poke 4 holes on either side of your pumpkin.
2. Shade holes with black marker (Makes it easier for little ones to attach the legs).
3. Gently push the end of each pipe cleaner into each hole.
4. Bend the pipe cleaners to the desired leg shape.
5. Use the marker to add eyes and a mouth. You can really use your own creative license here to make things as spooky as you want. We’re working on not being afraid of bugs, so smiley faces were perfect!
This was an extremely quick and easy craft that turned out perfectly. Halloween Fun! is full of activities and ideas that you can adjust for your family. It’s available for $6.99 and can be purchased at your local supermarket, newsstand or bookstore. A digital edition is also available at Zinio.com or Nook.bn.com. It really is a great deal on a collection of ideas that you can use for years to come.
About Ashley (Managing Editor at MomStart): Ashley is a mom, wife, sister, daughter, friend, and former teacher working to navigate through the mysterious world of Mommyia. Read more about her adventures atMomicles and follow her @Momicles2010 .
Disclosure – I received a copy of Halloween Fun! to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own.