Did you know that today, September 16th, is National Guacamole Day? I love guacamole, so this is a holiday I can get behind! I also love hummus, so I will definitely have to try this recipe that combines the two, courtesy Cornelia Guest of Cornelia Guest Events:
Recipe by Cornelia Guest, owner of Cornelia Guest Events
· (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
· 3 cups fresh cilantro
· 1 garlic clove, chopped
· 1 ripe avocado, roughly chopped
· 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
· 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
· Coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
· Lemon wedges and tortilla chips or raw vegetable crudités, for serving
1. In a food processor, combine chickpeas, cilantro, garlic and avocado. Process until finely chopped.
2. With machine running, add olive oil in a slow, steady stream, and then add the fresh lemon juice.
3. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until mixture is smooth.
4. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.