Take your family breakfast on the road with you, inspired by your favorite family book Green Eggs and Ham. “Green” just so happens to be the official color of St. Patrick’s Day, so why not get creative and incorporate it into your breakfast? This sandwich features delicious, sliced Hormel® Cure 81® boneless ham, eggs cooked to your taste and spinach wrapped up into a tasty pita. Simple, but impressive! It’s also St Patrick’s Day this week so get your green on with this fabulous recipe.
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 1/2 pound Cure 81® Boneless Ham, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 (7-inch) pita breads, cut in half
- In large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add ham; sauté 2 minutes. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- In skillet, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Add spinach and onions; sauté 2 minutes or until tender.
- Add eggs to spinach mixture; cook, stirring occasionally, until set. Arrange ham slices in pita halves to serve; spoon eggs over ham.
I’m a Hormel Family Blogger and receive samples