- I’m really excited because we now have a small group that meets on Friday nights at my house and I have a reason to bake. I love baking but I hate it too because then I have all these calories that I want to devour. Now I can share them and send them home with others. I made Grasshopper bars. The first night we met I made…Grasshopper Bars.
- First you make brownies
- Then you make mint icing
- Then you top with ganache
Grasshopper Bars Recipe
- 1 cup granulated sugar or 1/2 cup of truvia
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons green crème de menthe
- 2 tablespoons white crème de cacao
- 1 1/2 chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease square pan, 8x8x2 inches. In medium bowl, beat granulated sugar, 1/2 cup butter, the vanilla and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed, or stir with spoon. Stir in flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Spread in pan.
2 Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; cool 15 minutes. Mix remaining ingredients except chocolate; spread over brownies. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
3 In 1-quart saucepan, heat chocolate chips over low heat until melted turn down the heat to low and add the whipping cream and stir until mixed evenly; spread evenly over powdered sugar mixture. Refrigerate at least 3 hours. For bars, cut into 5 rows by 5 rows; cut each bar diagonally in half to form triangles.
To make this recipe using Truvia use 1/2 cup of truvia instead of 1 cup of sugar.
I’m an ambassador for Truvia.