The Olympics have always been a big deal for me and my family. There’s just something so amazing about people from around the world coming together, competing, and showing true sportsmanship. I love how for those 17 days, American pride runs strong and “Team USA” is the team we can all cheer for. I’m even dorky enough to love the roots of the ancient Olympic Games in Greece. It’s just all VERY cool. That’s why I absolutely LOVED the great cookie craft idea that my sister in law had.
When she pulled out a roll of cookie dough and a bag of MSIL) made Olympic cookies! This is super quick, easy, and inexpensive.
Here’s What You Need:
– 1 roll of sugar cookie dough
– 1 bag of M&M’s (regular or mini) separated by color
That’s it! I told you this was easy. =)
1. Separate the M&Ms by color.
2. Slice off cookies from the cookie dough.
3. Use the M&Ms to make Olympic themed designs on each cookie. We went with three basic options:
The Olympic Rings
The Gold Medal
4. Place the cookies in the oven and bake according to the package directions.
5. Let the cookies cool, then enjoy!
This was SO simple an SO much fun… for everyone! If you’re a fan of the Olympics like I am, you should definitely give this a go. =)
USA! USA! USA! =)
About Ashley (Managing Editor at MomStart): Ashley is a mom, wife, sister, daughter, friend, and former teacher working to navigate through the mysterious world of Mommyia. Read more about her adventures at Momicles and follow her @Momicles2010 .