The warm scent of cinnamon, molasses and cloves makes these gingerbread cookies a must for the holidays. Now with Truvia® Baking Blend, these cookies have 50% less sugar* than the sugar-sweetened version.
Gingerbread Cookies with Truvia® Baking Blend
Makes: 2 ½ dozen cookies
¼ cup Truvia® Baking Blend
½ cup butter
1 ¼ tsp ground ginger
1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground cloves
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
¼ cup molasses
1 egg yolk
2 cups all purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl mix together Truvia® Baking Blend, butter, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, salt, and baking soda until combined.
3. Add the molasses and egg yolk and mix well. Gradually add flour and mix until blended.
4. Split the dough in half and wrap in plastic wrap.
5. On a floured surface, roll out half of the dough ¼ inch thick, then cut with cookie cutter.
6. Place cutouts on cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
7. Allow to cool 5 minutes on pan, then place cookies on a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts per serving (2 cookies; 34 g)
Calories 140; Total Fat, 7g; Saturated Fat, 4g; Trans Fat, 0g; Cholesterol, 25mg; Sodium, 120mg; Total Carbohydrate, 20g; Dietary Fiber, 1g; Sugars, 5g; Erythritol, 2g: Protein, 2g; Vitamin A, 4% DV; Vitamin C, 0% DV; Calcium, 0% DV; Iron, 6% DV.
Find this recipe and more at www.truvia.com/baking
* These cookies have 140 calories and 5grams of sugar per serving as compared to the full sugar version that have 160 calories and 11 grams of sugar per serving.