I’m a Truvia Brand Ambassador and compensated for my time this recipe and photo is from their website you can find many great Truvia inspired recipes there.
The Ginger-Mint Margarita with Truvia Natural Sweetner is a delectable idea for a summer day. Conceived by Anthony Caporale, producer and host of Art of the Drink®. Ginger and mint give it a Southern swirl but with 63% fewer calories and 0 grams of sugar** per serving.
Ginger-Mint Margarita with Truvía® Natural Sweetener Recipe
- Ginger Simple Syrup with Truvía® natural sweetener
- 1 Tbsp + 2 tsp Truvía® natural sweetener*
- 4 oz. water
- 10 slices fresh ginger, peeled
- *or 6 packets Truvía® natural sweetener
- Ginger-Mint Margarita
- 11⁄2 oz. Ginger Simple Syrup with Truvía® natural sweetener*
- 11⁄2 oz. tequila
- 6 large mint leaves
- Juice of 1 lime (drop in rind)
- 11⁄2 tsp orange zest (1 orange)
- *or 5 packets Truvía® natural sweetener
Ginger Simple Syrup with Truvía® natural sweetener
- In a small pot, add: 1 Tbsp + 2 tsp Truvía® natural sweetener, 4 oz. water,10 slices fresh ginger, peeled.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Strain out ginger and allow to cool, keep refrigerated up to 1 day.
- In a mixing glass, muddle: Ginger Simple Syrup with Truvía® natural sweetener, tequila, and mint leaves.
- Half-fill with ice, then add: juice of 1 lime (drop in rind) and orange zest.
- Shake until the tin is frosted, strain into a highball glass filled with fresh ice.
Garnish: Lime wedge
**This cocktail has 60 calories and 0 grams of sugar per serving compared to 160 calories and 26 grams of sugar per serving in the full-sugar version.