My 18 month old can say “Cobra” in a husky voice
My daughter says, “Where is GI Joe”, and “Are you saving the day daddy?”
My husband had entertainment in front of the children for two weeks.
EA and Hasbro was kind enough to send us a review copy of G.I. JOE: The Rise of Cobra and my husband played it until he defeated the game and now he’s earning all of the Xbox Live points that he can. He loves to complete games at 100 percent if he can. Sometimes all of the extras are hard but he keeps at it. It keeps him busy at night while I’m blogging.
He said that GI Joe The Rise of Cobra was a great game and he tried over and over to get me to play with him. He liked it because it was designed the same way that Lego Star Wars was in that it was co-op where the second player could join at any time and start playing or drop out at any time. That’s nice!. (He just told me it’s called Local Co-op Multiplayer) Also, there was never a time where I had to play with him. I take that back, one of the Xbox live points that he needs to achieve will need me to log in and play with him.
Plenty of Unlockables
The Rise of Cobra features a variety of unlockables in a variety of areas that keep its arcade-style action fresh. Just a few of these include four unlockable Cobra bosses, which add to the replayability of the game; more than 70 file cards which hold the vital stats for Joe and Cobra characters seen in the game; and even several public service announcements (PSAs) featuring footage from the original GI Joe cartoon.
- Move Beyond the Movie – All-new storyline developed exclusively for the game picks up where the movie leaves off.
- Live GI Joe – Experience the greatest moments from the film, cartoons and toys.
- Pick Your GI Joe Team – Choose from 12 GI Joe characters, as you exploit their unique fighting styles, skills and weapons.
- Unlock Playable Cobra Characters – Play as four different Cobra characters.
- Co-op Team Play – Two-player single-screen co-op play lets you and a friend pick your elite GI Joe team and call in support from other GI Joe characters.
- Venomous Cobra – Battle the deadliest Cobra bosses as you snake your way through enemy territory.
- Pedal to the Metal – Command heavy firepower with GI Joe vehicles and artillery.
- Xbox LIVE Aware – Xbox LIVE aware with LIVE achievements and Xbox LIVE Friends.
Suit up, grab your gear and prepare to lock and load as you take control of the elite G.I. JOE team against the evil forces of COBRA. Based on the upcoming film from Paramount Pictures, the G.I. JOE video game picks up where the movie leaves off, allowing players to re-create and re-live the greatest moments from the blockbuster film, cartoon and action figure toy line.
I’m also happy with this game because it’s a clean game. A lot of the fighting games have bad words or in appropriate things being said and I don’t like for my kids to hear bad things. I mean the worst word I say is “crap” and I get upset with myself when I say it in front of the kids. Which reminds me, I think my daughter learned a bad word from her grandmother while I was in Texas. She says it now and then, I’m just ignoring it and not repeating it. I’m hoping that as she doesn’t hear it anymore it will leave her vocabulary.
My Christmas Guide Recommendations:
Ages: 8 +
boys and girls
Gift, or a stocking stuffer
Around 50.00 in price