Hormel Foods has partnered with football and entertaining expert Leigh Anne Tuohy (the inspiration behind the hit film The Blind Side) to share her top entertaining tips and create recipes for a few game-day favorites, and tips. I’m interviewing her later this week and will include some of her recipes with that. Bur for now I wanted to share her tips on how to have a successful game day. (I received samples)
With such a passion for pigskin, she’s develop quite a few entertaining tips for hosting football-related gatherings, and wanted to share her best advice with you as you prepare to celebrate in a few weeks. Here are her top five:
1. Always smile. Don’t let you guests know you are stressed – bring a smile and remember it’s not what you do for someone, it’s what they think you do for them!
2. Delegate! People are always asking how they can help, so give everyone something to do. Even if it is something as simple as pouring the wine or putting napkins on the table, it’s one less thing for you to worry about.
3. Tailgating means potluck in the south. Let everyone brings something – but have some guidelines. (Maybe have a theme to your party.) It gives people the opportunity to be creative and it lightens the load on you!
4. Don’t sweat the small stuff. My mother always taught me if you have friends, great lighting, and good music then you have a party. Use old Christmas tree lights for lighting, plug in your IPhone for instant music, and use cut flowers from your backyard for decoration. You will be amazed how pretty it looks and how simple it can be.
5. Plan ahead. Do what you can the night before. Have everything in containers and ready to go – you may not always have much time to prepare before a game, and you want to enjoy as much time as you can with friends and family!
Stay tuned for more tips and recipes from her!