The Stretch Island Fruit Company was first introduced to me by my MOMS Club. At first glance it looks like just another candy like stretch roll, but you’d be wrong if you made that assumption. Stretch Island Fruit Company uses the goodness of real fruit making FruitaBu a healthy snack option for kids. With no added sugar, no artificial additives, each FruitaBu provides kids 1 full serving of fruit.
FruitaBu shared a fun fruity sushi recipe with us, so we gathered up the ingredient list and got to work.
Then we melted the marshmallows and butter.
Added the cereal and spread it out like rice crispy treats.
We cut out sushi roll shapes
It was so easy for Miles to help and I loved that the mess was minimal.
and here is the printable version of the FruitaBu Fruity Sushi Recipe.
- 6 cups rice cereal
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 boxes of FruitaBu
- A variety of candy: cherry twists (Twizzlers) gummy worms, licorice, sweedish fish, fruit leathers...
- In a small saucepan, melt the marshmallows with butter over low heat.
- Add the rice cereal and stir to coat
- Pour the mixture into a greased pan while it's still warm
- Cut the treats into small rectangles or cut out little circles
- Create different rolls, nigiri, or sushi using the candy pieces, and wrap each piece with FruitaBu Fruit Rolls for the seaweed effect.
- Arrange on a plate with a bit of green frosting for wasabi and pieces of candied ginger for a real looking presentation.