Ok, I have to admit, I received this granola at EVO from Truvia and I LOVED it. I couldn’t stop eating it. It was THE Best granola I’ve ever had. Thank you Microsoft for sponsoring me to EVO so I could eat the very best granola ever. This granola is loaded with whole grains, nuts and fruits to give you quick energy on the go. Made with Truvia® Baking Blend, this granola has 50% less sugar* than the sugar-sweetened version.
Fruit and Nut Granola with Truvia® Baking Blend
Makes: 5 cups
2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
¼ cup oat bran
¼ cup brown flax seeds
½ cup unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup peanuts
2 Tbsp sunflower kernels
¼ cup Truvia® Baking Blend
1 teaspoon molasses
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tablespoons almond oil*
1 tsp vanilla
¼ tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup raisins
*can substitute with vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. Combine oats, oat bran, flax seeds, coconut, almonds, peanuts and sunflower kernels in a medium sized bowl.
3. Mix Truvia® Baking Blend, molasses, applesauce, oil, vanilla and cinnamon in a larger bowl.
4. Add oat mixture to wet mixture and combine until evenly coated.
5. Spread out on a large baking pan. Bake for about 40 minutes until granola is a dark golden brown, Stir every 10 minutes during baking for even color.
6. Stir in the cranberries and raisins.
7. For best results, store in airtight container at room temperature for a couple weeks or freeze for longer term storage.
Nutrition Facts per serving: (1/2 cup; 55g)
Calories 220; Total Fat, 7g; Saturated Fat, 4g; Trans Fat, 0g; Cholesterol, 70mg; Sodium, 30mg; Total Carbohydrate, 25g; Dietary Fiber, 1g; Sugars, 7g; Erythritol, 6g: Protein, 3g; Vitamin A, 6% DV; Vitamin C, 8% DV; Calcium, 0% DV; Iron, 6% DV.
Find this recipe and more at http://truvia.com/baking
*This granola has 220 calories and 8 grams of sugar per serving as compared to the full fat/sugar version that has 270 calories and 16 grams of sugar per serving
Microsoft sponsored me to EVO