A friend of mine is a nurse and she told me that the flu is on the rise in the state of Washington. It’s going to be a long and bad flu season this year. She said there are a lot of reports of N1H1 so I’m so glad I got my flu shot. Miles has been sick a lot and had the flu over Christmas, but the rest of us are doing ok. I just received this article in my inbox and since I felt it was so relevant I wanted to share it with you all.
This past week Fox News reported that the flu has spread to at least 35 states, and reports say the flu season can go as late as May this year. Yikes! Given that this disease is spreading, I wanted to provide some tips and remedies for you guys on how to avoid getting the flu, courtesy of Rainbow Light, the pioneer of the natural industry’s number one-selling women’s, men’s and prenatal multivitamins.
· Wash your hands frequently: To ensure you kill the germs, wash your hands with soap for 15 to 30 seconds, especially before rubbing your eye
· Mix up the way you say hello: Avoid close contact with someone who is sick, and instead of a handshake, try a fist bump or even a high-five, which drastically reduces the germs that are being passed
· Use a natural remedy to boost immunity: Try Rainbow Light’s Deep Defense, which contains echinacea root, an immune-enhancing herb that strengthens and protects your body’s natural defenses and daily health. If you start to feel flu symptoms, try Rainbow Light’s Counter Attack (suitable for children 10 years of older), designed to be taken at the first sign of seasonal discomfort
· Sleep, sleep, sleep: Sleep deprivation can reduce your immune response, so aim to get at least 8 hours of sleep a night
· Take a daily multivitamin: Instead of relying on your diet alone to fill your body with all the nutrients you need, take a daily multivitamin, such as Rainbow Light’s Women’s One, their #1 selling multivitamin, which delivers essential nutrients in optimal combinations to keep you healthy all year long