This Father’s Day, Heifer International is offering a variety of impactful gift options! Heifer International is a global development nonprofit that partners with the world’s poor—through gifts of livestock and training—to help them become self-reliant. The nonprofit provides 30 kinds of livestock, trees, seeds and training in environmentally-sound agriculture to families in more than 40 countries, including the United States, Nepal, China, Brazil, Rwanda and Armenia.
Through Heifer International’s Gift Catalog, your readers can choose from the below gifts to celebrate dads this Father’s Day – and ultimately transform the lives of families around the world:
· For the golfer, consider A Flock of Chicks ($20): A flock of chicks can help families add nourishing, life-sustaining eggs to their inadequate diets. Now that’s a “birdie” any golfer would love.
· For the do-it-yourself dad, try The Gift of a Healthy Home ($50): In many of the impoverished communities where Heifer works, food, water and shelter are in critically low supply. This gift will support projects to help families earn the income needed to improve their living conditions by purchasing roofing materials, bricks, concrete for floors and more.
· For the lawn enthusiast, consider The Gift of a Goat ($120): Goats, or “nature’s lawnmowers”, can thrive in extreme climates and on poor, dry land by eating grass and leaves. They can also supply up to several quarts of milk a day, providing families with nutrition and income.
· For the tools enthusiast, consider The Gift of a Water Buffalo ($250): The “living tractor of the East”, these tough guys empower families to lift themselves out of poverty and hunger. Families with water buffalos can often plant four times more crops when they can sow fields in days that once took weeks to plant by hand.
· For the fisherman in your life, try A Gift of Fish ($300): Teach a dad to fish, feed a family for a lifetime. A gift of fish provides families with a holistic and sustainable food production environment.
Fathers and loved ones will receive a beautiful card in the mail describing the benefits of their gift. Givers and recipients can be certain that their gift is making an impact as one of Heifer International’s fundamental principles – “Passing on the Gift” – creates a living cycle of sustainability that develops community and enhances self-esteem by allowing gift recipients to become donors.