In high school one of my favorite games to play was speed. Are you familiar with that game. You use a deck of cards or two, and then you place the cards in order from 1 to A or A to 1 depending if they are going up or down. Ratuki is a card game played the same way except you only go up and down from 1 to 5 and you have four stacks to play from at one time. You have five cards in your hand and you draw every time you place a card and the first person that gets rid of all of their cards. A Ratuki card is wild and may be used at any time. Then when you are out of cards you have to yell, “Ratuki”.
As part of a resolution to have a Family Game Night, we’re trying new games together. I had a lot of fun playing this game with my husband. He and I love playing games together and before my blog we used to play a lot! Of course, that’s also before we had any kids too! Where does all the time go. Our goal this year is to have more family time with the kids and spend more time playing games together just the two of us. I hope to have a review of Monopoly Revolution up soon!
Karen Deerwester (relationship expert) reminds us that “laughter is the foundation for a resilient happy family” … “Family Game Nights renew families and encourage us to be our best and have fun!” She has 5 tips for us on how to de-stress and play together.
- Don’t over-schedule. Choose a night that works for the entire family and enjoy un-plugged fun with Hasbro games
- Give yourself a break and plan for a takeout dinner to save time for games during Family Game Night
- Get the children involved by having them choose games — they’ll be excited to participate!
- Bring home new games to inspire unexpected fun
- Reward the family for playing by giving special awards, privileges and treats
We received a copy of Ratuki card game from Hasbro for review.