Entertaining with Hillshire Farm Lit’l Smokies Pig In Bed Recipe.
- 1 pkg. Hillshire Farm Lit’l Smokies®
1 refrigerated pie crust (softened as directed on package)
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon water
- Hum your favorite lullaby while you preheat oven to 425°F. Open package of Lit’l Smokies® and drain off any liquid.
- Make sure they’re nice and comfy. Unfold softened pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll pastry to a 12×12-inch circle; cut into 40 strips (about 1×1-1/2-inches each)
- Tuck ‘em in for the evening. Wrap each piece of dough around a Lit’l Smokie® and seal edges. Place seam-side down on ungreased cookie sheet. Combine egg and water; brush over dough.
- Say night night. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. Bake extra dough strips for pillows, if desired.
Yield: 20 servings (2 sleepy pigs each)
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes