Chris Pine…..oh Chris Pine…
I’ve never had the opportunity to interview him but he was watching a movie in a theater at the same time I was. He was sitting about two rows behind me. I would love to get the opportunity to interview him. So yea…I would watch anything with him in it. So The Finest Hours was another great for me because he’s in it of course.
The movie The Finest Hours is based on a true story of a 1952 U.S. Coast Guard rescue. Starring Chris Pine (the “Star Trek” films), Academy Award® and Golden Globe® nominee Casey Affleck (“Interstellar”), Ben Foster (“3:10 to Yuma”) and Eric Bana (“Lone Survivor”), “THE FINEST HOURS” makes its in-home debut packaged with a host of bonus features about the making of the movie and the remarkable true-life events that inspired it.
Based on the acclaimed non-fiction book of the same name by Casey Sherman and Michael J. Tougias, viewers can enjoy diving into the thrilling eye of the storm with: An all-new documentary “Against All Odds: The Bernie Webber Story,” in which real-life residents of Chatham recall the events that set the stage for the film’s historic rescue mission; Four making-of featurettes highlighting cast members experiences and reflections by members of the U.S. Coast Guard; as well as two never-before-shared Deleted Scenes.
BONUS FEATURES INCLUDE*:
Blu-ray Combo Pack, Digital HD, Digital SD, Disney Movies Anywhere
· Against All Odds: The Bernie Webber Story – Visit the quaint and close-knit town of Chatham, and experience the events surrounding the most heroic Coast Guard rescue ever through the eyes of the people who witnessed them.
· BROTHERHOOD – Cast members reflect on the bonds they forged during the shoot.
· TWO CREWS – Chris Pine and Casey Affleck share insights into Bernie Webber and Ray Sybert, men who led their respective crews against all odds.
· WHAT IS YOUR FINEST HOUR? – A Coast Guard member recounts an incredible rescue.
· THE FINEST INSPIRATION: THE U.S. COAST GUARD Meet the people who put their lives on the line for others.
· DELETED SCENES:
o A Desperate Idea
o The Story of How They Met