We missed another holiday event last week. The Bravern Kicked off holiday season with its second annual tree-lighting ceremony as part of the “Enchanted Holidays at The Bravern”. The tree-lighting ceremony, was hosted by Kevin Joyce, former performer and director at Teatro Zinzanni Jolly St. Nick arrived in a horse-drawn carriage alongside Jamie and Karen Moyer of The Moyer Foundation and two campers from Camp Mariposa. The arrival was led by Bells of the Sound accompanied by Captain Smarty Pants and Sensible Shoes.
The Enchanged Holidays Continues:
“Enchanted Holidays at The Bravern” offers the Pacific Northwest’s most stylish and comfortable shopping experience. In addition to the tree-lighting ceremony, “Enchanted Holidays at The Bravern” includes a variety of family-friendly events to help celebrate the holidays including:
· Pony Rides: Enjoy pony rides in the 110th Avenue arrival court every Saturday and Sunday from noon to 6 p.m. between Nov. 26 and Dec. 24. Riders are encouraged to make a donation for their trot to The Moyer Foundation.
· Photos with Santa: Santa will be available to listen to children’s wishes and pose for holiday photos every Wednesday through Sunday from noon to 6 p.m. beginning Nov. 25 to Dec. 13 and every day from Dec. 14 to 24. All of Santa’s visitors will receive a free cupcake from Trophy Cupcakes.
· Dear Santa Letters: Kids are invited to write letters to Santa at Silberman Brown Stationers detailing their holiday wish list. Letters can be handed directly to the big guy himself or dropped off in his special mailbox. Letters will be made available to parents as keepsakes.
· Pet Photos: Santa doesn’t only listen to children’s wishes, but your pet’s wishes too! On Saturday, Dec. 17 from 6 to 8 p.m., guests are invited to bring their furry friends in for a photo with Santa.
· Cookie Decorating: Bring the kids to enjoy an hour of delicious holiday cookie decorating on Wednesday, Dec. 7 from noon to 1 p.m. at Sur La Table, immediately following Little Bookworms, The Bravern’s weekly story hour.
· Friday Night Entertainment: Every Friday evening in December, enjoy live entertainment from a variety of entertainers including Captain Smarty Pants, Sensible Shoes and The Dickens Carolers.
· Breakfast with Santa: Enjoy breakfast with Santa at Mariposa at Neiman Marcus on Saturday, Dec. 3 and Saturday, Dec. 10 at 9 a.m. Reservations can be made by calling: (425) 452-3333.
Fun Facts about “Enchanted Holidays at The Bravern”:
· The Bravern holiday tree stands 35 feet tall.
· There are 4,400 feet of live garland throughout the shopping center. That is enough garland to go up and down the Space Needle nearly four times!
· 10,000 jewel-colored ornaments cover the tree and garland.
· It takes 10 people more than 480 hours to install all of the decorations.
The Bravern is located at the intersection of NE 8th Street and 110th Avenue NE, Bellevue, WA 98004