The eggs may be in purgatory, but you’ll be in heaven once you taste this recipe:
Eggs in Purgatory
Recipe courtesy Oil & Vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a small mixing bowl, prepare the Bruschetta Originale by mixing with 1/2 cup warm water allowing to sit for 5 minutes. Add Chili Pepper Olive Oil.
3. In a medium sized oven proof sauce pan, add the tomato sauce and Bruschetta mixture. Heat over medium-high heat and let it come to a bubble. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Remove from heat, make four indentations in the sauce with the back of a large serving spoon. Crack 1 egg into each of the indentations. It is OK if some of the eggs run together in spots.
5. Place pan in preheated oven. Bake until whites and yolks are softly set, 12 – 15 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, garnish with parsley and serve with artisan bread.
Prep: (10 mins)
Overall: (30 mins)