Everyone of us have either received or sent flowers at some point in our life. And oh-what-a-thrill it is to receive flowers no matter who it is from and no matter the occasion.Whether you are receiving or sending the flowers, have you ever wondered why Roses are usually the most popular flowers to be sent to a loved one? Or what is the significance of the different flowers or colors?
Here’s an insight to what some of the most commonly sent and favorite flowers represent. Perhaps, it will help you decide on what kind of flowers to send to someone you are interested in, a close one or even your partner the next time you are thinking of sending flowers. In fact, flower delivery in Perth will be able to help you with whatever flowers or flower bouquets you wish to send.
Mythology has it that back in the days of the Greek and Roman goddesses Aphrodite and Venus, a rose was placed outside the entrance of a room whenever discussions on personal matters or matters of the heart were being held. The different colors of the roses are also significant in their own.
– Red rose – represents love and passion
– Yellow rose – represents the joy of friendship
– White rose – represents purity, innocence and humility
– Pink rose –represents thankfulness and appreciation
– Purple or lilac rose – represents attraction or fascination
– Orange rose – represents yearning or desire
Lilies are well known for their lovely fragrance and they come in several varieties and colors.
– Stargazer Lily – from the oriental group and named because the bloom faces skywards – comes in white for purity and pink for romance
– Tiger Lily – got its name from the spotted petals on its fiery orange flower – represents fortune and prosperity
– Trumpet Lily –they are essentially from the royal white lily species from China – classic trumpet lily comes in white but also in pink, yellow, purple and even black
– white represents innocence
– yellow represents gratitude
– pink represents admiration
– purple represents elegance
– black represents mystery
Regardless of their variety and color, lilies also generally represent hope and fertility. So, lilies are a favorite to send to anyone who is just married or expecting a baby.
Orchids are probably one of the most universally accepted flowers for almost any occasion. There are thousands of orchid species in all shapes and sizes. Orchids are unique and exotic and are usually favored when a person wants to send an out of the ordinary message.
– Lilac colored orchid – represents grace and beauty
– Purple colored orchid – represents grandeur
– White colored orchid – represents purity
– Blue colored orchid – represents rarity or uncommonness
– Yellow colored orchid – represents friendship
– Pink colored orchid – represents joy and happiness
These beautifully vibrant flowers aren’t only beautiful they are also a rich source of food and a lovely decoration piece. According to Greek mythology a water nymph was besotted by the sun God Apollo and was always looking at him. Sadly, Apollo did not return that love. Out of pity the other gods turned the water nymph into a sunflower so that she could forever look towards Apollo.Is it any wonder even Van Gogh was mesmerized by the magic of the sunflower.
In some cultures, the sunflower symbolizes the love of God that is steadfast and forever. Whichever way you look at it, the strong yellow/orange sunflower is a lovely flower that represents undying love and loyalty. A perfect flower for the romantic and loyal lover.