Last year was the very first year that I decorated Easter eggs with the kids. I remember how much fun it was as a child so I went out picked up some packages on clearance the year before and then we colored the eggs. We had a blast. This year, PAAS and Heinz asked me to use their products to decorate eggs with Miles and Zoe. As I was getting the dye ready, I realized what was missing the year before. If you really want the color to be vibrant you have to use Heniz vinegar. I didn’t use vinegar last year. I didn’t even think about it and the box didn’t remind me.
We drew on the eggs and then Zoe and Miles covered a few with stickers. It boggles my mind how more and more stickers on one egg is better than using them all over the mounds of eggs we have to decorate. Oh well as long as they are having fun right? We made blue eggs and pink eggs and I was impressed with how many supplies were in one box of PAAS supplies.
Kids are digital and PAAS knows it. They created a free app, the PAAS & Heinz “Egg Decorator” app for the iPad that you can download to let the kids decorate the Easter Eggs over and over again. Miles is addicted to the iPad, I have to actually limit the time he spends on it, but having the egg decorator does give him more options in what he can play with. We usually only download the free games and programs so his options are limited. Plus by downloading it and playing with it you can help others. For every egg “dyed” on the app, Heinz & PAAS will donate $1 to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Here is a list of other fun PAAS egg decorating kits you can buy:
- 3D Eggsplosion – Grab your 3D glasses and a front row seat and watch these egg masterpieces come to life in front of your very own eyes!
- Eggstra-Terrestrials – Create truly out-of-this-world egg decorations. Send your imagination into another galaxy with 3D glow-in-the-dark foam stickers that just landed from outer space!
- Go Wild – Fashionistas can get wild and crazy with the PAAS Go Wild kit! Dress eggs with giraffe spots, tiger stripes and more, then embellish with sparkly sequins.
- Rockin’ Designs – Easter eggs get a rock ‘n roll makeover with designs and stickers inspired by popular fashion trends.
- Egg Tats – Open up your own tattoo parlor for eggs and decorate in a whole new way using special art transfers.
- Retro Splatter – Splatter designs mean every egg dyed with this retro-chic kit is one-of-a-kind.
- Chrome Eggshaust – Rev up your engines and head out on the highway with the PAAS Chrome Eggshaust kit. Stickers, colorful dye tablets, holographic “eggarounds” and egg stands transform ordinary eggs into road-worthy hotrods.
- Deggorating Doodles – Let your creative juices flow and “eggspress” the artist within with Deggorating Doodles. The special coloring pens and stencils allow you to decorate eggs any way you want!
“I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Heinz and PAAS and received a Heinz Vinegar bottle, a PAAS Egg Dyeing Kit, and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate."