April 22nd is Earth Day and Nature’s Path has created 10 fun ways to celebrate with family and friends! Plus they have a fun breakfast giveaway it’s an EnviroKidz product package (worth $50)! We received three boxes of cereal and coupons and that’s what we’re giving away at the bottom of the post.
1. Learn about endangered species! Start Earth Day off with a bowl of Nature’s Path EnviroKidz organic cereal – each box features fun facts about an endangered species and highlights a few ways you can help protect them. It’s a quick and easy way for kids to learn about the importance of protecting animal habitats – and families can feel good about eating their breakfast because Nature’s Path donates 1% of sales of EnviroKidz products to support endangered species, habitat conservation and environmental education for kids worldwide.
2. Plant it Forward: Earth Day is a perfect time to work in a garden – whether a community garden or at your home.
3. Take a Walk on the Wild Side: Kids love getting outdoors and a walk on a trail, in a park or around the neighborhood can connect youngsters to the earth. Make it an adventure with a nature scavenger hunt – give kids a list or pictures to find of trees, flowers and insects.
4. Pedal Power: Give up driving for a day. Grab some wheels – the ones you pedal – or hoof it around the block, to your local store or playground.
5. Reuse Art: Create a fun craft table with only reusable items – from packaging, to newspapers to tins and jars – these leftover items can find new and creative uses.
6. Trash patrol: Armed with reusable bags, kids can do a beach or park clean-up and compete for the most items found (just remember no picking up glass or sharp objects!).
7. Brainstorm: Kids have great ideas – ask them for ideas on how the family can protect the earth every day – perhaps it is one hour less of electricity or having motor-less Sundays – they may surprise you with their brain power.
8. Read together: There are so many wonderful books for kids of all ages (such as Dr. Seuss, The Lorax) that have messages about protecting the earth, so grab a blanket, a book and head outside.
9. Recycle plan: How well does your family recycle? Make a plan to recycle more and set up trash bins for all to participate.
10. Help save the Koalas! EnviroKidz is giving away a 10 day family trip for four to Australia which includes a chance to cuddle with a koala, visit with koala experts and scientists, plant Eucalyptus trees and more! To enter, look inside your EnviroKidz cereal box for your entry code and visit:http://us.envirokidz.com/contests
By taking just a few minutes to honor Earth Day, your kids will be armed with information and an eagerness to celebrate our planet – ultimately seeding the next generation to value the importance of conservation.
Enter to Win:
Nature’s Path Prize package
Give me your favorite Earth Day Tip
Extra Entries: a Rafflecopter giveaway