Thanks to my trip to San Francisco provided by EA Play, I have a copy of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince game on the DS to giveaway. I didn’t see the game on the DS but I saw it on the Wii and I was so impressed. I think EA pushed the graphics of the Wii to the max with this game. Rated E for everyone.
Wand-based spells & pranks.
Mix it up in Potion Class.
Explore Hogswart’s mysteries.
In Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince the Video Game, Voldemort is tightening his grip on both the Muggle and wizarding worlds and Hogwarts is no longer the safe haven it once was. Harry suspects that dangers may even lie within the casdstle, but Dumbledore is more intent upon preparing him for the final battle that he knows is fast approaching. Together they work to find the key to unlock Voldemort’s defenses and, to this end, Dumbledore recruits his old friend and colleague, the well-connected and unsuspecting bon vivant Professor Horace Slughorn, whom he believes holds crucial information.
Meanwhile, the students are under attack from a very different, but equally unavoidable adversary as teenage hormones rage across the ramparts. Harry finds himself more and more drawn to Ginny, but so is Dean Thomas. And Lavender Brown has decided that Ron is the one for her, only she hadn’t counted on Romilda Vane’s chocolates. And then there’s Hermione, simmering with jealously, but determined not to show her feelings. Yet as romance blossoms throughout Hogwarts, one student remains aloof. He is determined to make his mark, albeit a dark one. Love is in the air, but tragedy lies ahead and Hogwarts may never be the same again.
Like earlier video game releases in the Harry Potter franchise, the action in Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince the Video Game revolves around the exploration of Hogwarts and the action that results from what you uncover. The game features a variety of play modes and unique features. During their adventures, players will have a chance to engage in exciting wizard duels, mix and brew magical ingredients in potions class and take to the air to lead the Gryffindor Quidditch team to victory. Players may even get sidetracked by Ron’s romantic entanglements as they journey towards a dramatic climax and discover the identity of the Half-Blood Prince.
Key Features for DS
- Enter a world of magic: Explore Harry’s world in your own time, and choose how you want to play the story of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
- Collect magical rewards: mix potions, discover hidden items, defeat bullies and play mini-games.
- Master powerful spells by using your stylus as your wand.
- Play pranks on your enemies by throwing stink pellets and using spells to stop them in their tracks.
- Share the adventure by challenging your friends to fun wizard games like Gobstones, Exploding Snap and Wizard Skittles.
- Warm up for the Hogwarts Quidditch Cup by leading training sessions and practice your skills as Keeper, Chaser and Seeker.
- When you get stuck, call on Nearly Headless Nick for clues and tips to help you complete your challenges.
- Swap famous Quidditch player cards with friends.
Tell me which book was your favorite?
If you liked this post or wish to gain and extra entries please vote for me here.
Vote for me for 5 extra entries
Non-bloggers get an extra entry for every e-mail they send out linking to this giveaway cc firstname.lastname@example.org (be sure to leave a comment for every person you e-mail, for example if you e-mail 10 different people leave 10 different comments)
Subscribe to my blog
Follow me on twitter tell me your twitter ID
Blog about the giveaway include a link to me for 10 extra entries
Tweet the giveaway (every time you tweet you get an entry) Link to the giveaway please!!!
Add my button to your blog/blog roll 10 extra points if it is on your homepage
Dig, Stumble, or fav me on Technorati (two entries for each one)
Leave a comment for every entry
The contest will run until October 5th 11:59 pm Pacific. The winner will be selected by www.random.org