I had the honor of reviewing Dance Praise2 the ReMix by Digital Praise. This fun dance pad is targeted to families with children ages four and up, so I was delightfully surprised that we had a HUGE family fun night.
It was extremely easy to install. You plug in the USB and install the game off of the cd. After a few simple clicks the game is ready to play. You can have up to four pads going at once.
I started off with a single song and was exhausted after stepping to it. I loved watching my daughter try and copy me. She is almost two. My 6 month old also wanted to be involved so we picked him up and let his feet touch the corresponding arrow. Very exhausting as a parent, but what a fun happy family evening we had.
My husband was playing with all of the settings. Something he just loves to do with everything. He set the mode to calories and put in his weight. He didn’t realize how difficult it is to burn 100 calories. We then set off to using our hands to slap the pad. It was more fun for my daughter that way.
The problem with most dance pads (for me) is that I don’t know the music. I like to know the words to songs and since I listen to the local Christian station, I don’t know a lot of words to the newer mainstream music. I was also surprised that the music was the actual artists singing their songs. Oh, we really enjoyed this. It’s fun, just leaving the music playing in the background.
Here are some additions from the first version of Dance Praise that was a HUGE hit in 2006; these additions are sure to make Dance Praise the Remix even bigger:
- A customized play list feature that lets dancers select, organize and dance continuously to their favorite songs;
- Exciting “unlocks” that reveal additional dances;
- An arcade-style Tetris stepping game using the Dance Praise dance pad;
- A revised Exercise Mode with improved record keeping that lets users dance as long as they wish, while burning a targeted number of calories. The feature makes exercise fun, not only by tracking calories burned over weeks and months, but also by charting weight loss;
- Individualized sign-in that allows players to track their high scores by song and skill level;
- A new super-easy level so younger kids can dance successfully right away;
- Four-pad capability that allows four dancers to play simultaneously – each at their own level;
- All new 3D graphics, including silhouetted characters that dance in the background;
- New bonus scoring items that add even more fun.
This is a great way to spend family time together.