This is the final recipe today courtesy of Country Crock. We love working with them because it’s a product I’ve used since I was a child. Plus they have this fun Lollapalooza theme. All of these recipes are made with Country Crock®, which adds a country fresh taste to family recipes and is made with real, simple ingredients including delicious oils, purified water and a pinch of salt and will get you moving to the beat. Country Crock is the go-to ingredient in the kitchen whether baking, cooking, spreading, sautéing or topping and is now is now sold in a new rectangular, space-efficient package that is reusable and recyclable where facilities exist.
Live and let Pie (Country Whoopie Pies) – A remix of “Live and Let Die” by Paul McCartney – Pie that will change your outlook on life.
Country Whoopie Pies Recipe
- 6 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Country Crock® Spread
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 jar (7 1/2 oz.) marshmallow creme
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Beat Country Crock® Spread with granulated sugar in electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in egg.
- Whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in another bowl, until thoroughly combined. Alternately add flour mixture to egg mixture with milk and vanilla. Beat just until blended. Drop into 26 two-tablespoonful rounds on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper or ungreased.
- Bake 8 minutes or until cakes are done. Let stand on cookie sheets 2 minutes, then remove to wire rack and cool completely.
- For Filling, beat Country Crock® Spread, shortening, confectioners sugar and vanilla with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in marshmallow creme until well blended, about 3 minutes. Evenly top 13 Cakes with marshmallow creme filling, then top with remaining Cakes. Tightly wrap each pie in plastic wrap to store.