Dental Hygiene is so very important because you only have one set of adult teeth. I know that in my family we have bad genes for teeth so taking care of them is even more important. I received this amazing Colgate Enamel press kit that included almost every product they make in the Colgate Enamel line. Including all three Toothpaste variations.
Whitening, Sensitivity Relief, and Multi-Protection.
Tooth enamel is the hardest and most highly mineralized substance of the body, and is one of the four major tissues which make up the tooth. It’s also susceptible to acid and build-up of bacteria. It can dissolve or decay when exposed to these substances. Enamel’s primary purpose is to protect your teeth from damage. I love to drink and eat things that break down the enamel so it’s even more important for me to work double time double hard on my teeth.
Signs of Enamel Erosion
When the enamel on the teeth wears down, it can cause several things to occur:
- Teeth may become further worn down.
- Teeth become discolored because the enamel has worn away and the dentin is exposed.
- The edges of the front teeth may look transparent.
- Tooth sensitivity can occur when the enamel is worn away both on the lip and tongue surfaces of the teeth. The dentin, the layer of tissue under the enamel, is softer than enamel, and it is more sensitive to touch, air, biting forces and acid exposure.
Colgate® Enamel Health™ toothpaste is a unique new toothpaste formulated to help strengthen your enamel in two ways:
- Helps replenish natural calcium and other minerals in weakened enamel, filling in rough spots and making it stronger
- Polishes the enamel surface with gentle micro-polishing action, so germs are less likely to stick
- Colgate® Enamel Health™ is ph (alkaline) so it’s gentle on your tooth enamel and helps counter acidity levels in your mouth
Colgate® Enamel Health™ Whitening toothpaste and Colgate® Enamel Health™ Sensitivity Relief toothpaste effectively clean teeth, provide everyday cavity protection and have a refreshing mint taste, in addition to helping replenish natural calcium to strengthen enamel and gently polishing so germs are less likely to stick. And the paste tastes great!