Cookies are great all year round and with Truvia you don’t have to feel guilty with fewer calories from less sugar. Thanks to Truvia® Baking Blend, you can now enjoy sweet and tender sugar cookies with 75% less sugar* than the sugar-sweetened version. I decided to take the recipe and change it up a bit, I added a bag of shredded coconut.
Coconut Sugar Cookies
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup Truvia® Baking Blend
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp skim milk
4 cups all purpose flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 12 oz bag of shredded coconut
1. In a large bowl, cream together butter and Truvia® Baking Blend until smooth. Beat in eggs, vanilla and milk.
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Gradually add the flour to the creamed mixture, beating well after each addition.
3. Gently stir in shredded coconut.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F. Roll chilled dough to ¼ to ⅛ inch thickness on a lightly floured surface.
5. Cut with a cookie cutter and place cookies 1 inch apart on lightly greased cookie sheets.
6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges of cookies are lightly browned.