Just this morning we decided to have Cream of Wheat for breakfast again. Oh it’s so yummy, one of my favorite breakfast treats all year round. I love hot cereal. Who knew that Cream of Wheat could be used in so many different ways. I’ve already shared the possibility of using it on fish, and for a mocha dessert. Now let’s try using it in a fabulous nut cake recipe. This recipe was created by Chef Arturo McLeod. Executive Chef Arturo McLeod of Benjamin Steakhouse has spent over 35 years working in steakhouses, 20 of which were spent at the famous Peter Luger in Brooklyn. Read more about him below.
Cinnamon Swirl Nut Cake Recipe:
By Chef Arturo McLeod
Ingredients For The Loaf:
32 oz Cinnabon® Cream of Wheat® Instant Hot Cereal
4 cups water
¼ tsp Cinnamon
Ingredients For The Topping:
½ cup peanut butter
½ cup honey
1 cup maple syrup
½ cup Almonds
½ cup Walnuts
½ cup raisins
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Bring 4 cups water to a boil. Remove from heat, and stir in the cream of wheat and cinnamon- stirring constantly to avoid clumping. Let cool.
3. Once it cools down, add the cream of wheat into a greased 9in. x 5in. x 3in loaf pan, packing tightly to form a loaf.
4. Bake for approximately 2 to 3 minutes, let cool slightly and flip onto a serving platter.
5. In a sauce pan over medium heat, add maple syrup, honey, peanut butter, almonds, walnuts and raisins for approximately 3 minutes, until the ingredients melt together into a thick, saucy topping.
6. While it’s still hot, pour topping over the entire loaf cake and smooth over the top and sides with a rubber spatula.
7. Slice, serve and enjoy!
More about Chef Arturo McLeod:
Chef McLeod prepares an amazing array of dishes sure to delight gourmands everywhere. The main draw is the steaks, and McLeod is a master at cooking juicy cuts of meat. Only the best USDA prime beef is used, and every cut is carefully dry-aged in McLeod’s specially handcrafted aging box, to the precise temperature and humidity level, for a minimum of 28 days. In addition to serving the finest quality beef, McLeod cooks his steaks to absolute perfection so that they arrive tableside sizzling on a piping hot plate.