Today, we’re sharing another yummy recipe from Denise Austin to get your New Year started off right:
Cilantro-Lime Shrimp With Avocado-Tomato-Hearts of Palm Salad
Recipe courtesy Denise Austin.
1 Tbsp. olive oil
12 oz. raw medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/8 tsp. salt
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1 ripe avocado, diced
1 cup sliced hearts of palm (from can, rinsed and drained)
3 Tbsp. lime juice
2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
1. Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Sprinkle the shrimp with the garlic powder, cumin, and salt.
3. Add the shrimp to the skillet and saute until cooked, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Divide the shrimp evenly between 2 plates.
4. In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, avocado, and hearts of palm. Divide the salad evenly between the 2 plates.
5. Sprinkle 1 1/2 Tbsp. lime juice and 1 Tbsp. cilantro over each plate (the shrimp and the salad).