Baking cookies with the kids is hard for me at times. I’m just not good with messes but my son and I needed something to do this afternoon and I needed content for this week. I can’t concentrate on doing actual reviews with BlogHer coming up this week I’m too anxious. Which means that chocolate was on order and lots of it.
I found a recipe in the latest issue of All You Magazine and of course I made some changes to it because I didn’t have the right ingredients on hand. But I did have the essentials.
Honey, Peanut Butter, Corn Syrup (well my neighbor let me use some)
We didn’t have coconut flakes so we decided to use Wilton Sprinkles. And Miles loved helping to measure everything out.
And here is our revised recipe of the Chilled Chocolate Peanut Butter Sprinkle Cookies
- ⅔ cup various large Wilton Sprinkles
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- ⅔ cup chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa
- 3 cups lightly crushed corn or bran flakes
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Make sure all your other ingredients are pre-measured
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat cook the honey, syrup and peanut butter
- Bring mixture to a boil constantly stirring
- Remove from heat add chocolate chips and cocoa
- Stir in cereal and sprinkles
- Spoon onto the parchment paper
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes