This is a partnered post.
St Pierre Bakery is amazing. St. Pierre Bakery makes amazing French baked goods from brioche to crepes and they sent us a huge collection of what they make for us to create an out of this world recipe.
As soon as I saw the brioche I knew right away that I wanted to make bread pudding for this baking challenge. But then, I was looking through their recipes book to see what other people have made and there in the book was the exact recipe I came up with so I decided to make something savory instead. I decided to make a chicken bread pudding.
Chicken Bread Pudding Recipe
2 Cups chopped St. Pierre Brioche Loaf
2 Cups chopped grilled chicken breast
1 Cup Sour Cream
1 Package Cream Cheese (softened)
2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
2 Tablespoons paprika
1 Tablespoon cumin
1 Teaspoon salt
1 Teaspoon pepper
First you have to prepare you chicken. I used frozen ready to eat chicken and just heated it up in the microwave. Then I seasoned it with some salt and pepper. Then of course I chopped it up.
Preheat the oven to 350.
1. Mix the sour cream and cream cheese together
2. Heat the heavy whipping cream until just barely boiling. Be careful not to over cook it. Set aside.
3. Evenly divide the sour cream mixture into six ramekins
4. Evenly divide the cooked/seasoned chicken into the ramekins
5. Evenly divide the brioche into the ramekins
6. Whisk the eggs, add cumin, paprika, salt and pepper, then slowly add the heavy cream to the eggs as you are still whisking. You don’t want the eggs to scramble from the hot heavy cream so do this step slowly.
7. Pour the egg/cream mixture over the bread in the ramekins and let sit for about 5 to 10 minutes
8. Cook for 20-30 minutes, then let cool for 10 minutes.