PBS KIDS’ fun, educational apps, based off of several of their popular series, are a great way to help curb the “Summer Slide” and keep kids learning all summer long on convenient mobile devices.
Your kids want to have fun, and you want them to learn…PBS has the best of both worlds with PBS KIDS apps! Here are some of their top apps for kids this summer.
- Science fanatic? Try Sid’s Science Fair ($2.99 – iPhone & iPod Touch), the app encourages kids 3 to 6 to explore and experience science.
- Augmented reality makes FETCH! Lunch Rush (Free – iPhone & iPod Touch) super cool. Based off of the web-series Fetch! With Ruff Ruffman, it teaches kids ages 6 to 8 math skills while blending a virtual world right on top of the real one.
- Healthy eating can be fun too! Everyone’s favorite aardvark ARTHUR helps kids ages 4 – 6 learn healthy eating habits on the go with D.W.’s Unicorn Adventure ($1.99 – iPhone & iPod Touch)
- Dinosaurs? Trains? It doesn’t get better than that! Dinosaur Train Camera Catch! ($1.99 – iPhone) is the latest PBS KIDS app to utilize virtual reality. Kids “catch” the dinosaurs with their phone’s camera function in a designated pattern, building patterning skills. Dinosaur photos will be stored in a child’s private gallery.
- Continue the Jurassic fun on the iPad with All Aboard the Dinosaur Train! ($1.99 – iPad) The Dinosaur Train is getting ready to leave and needs passengers! Players need to match the passengers with the right train cars, challenging them to problem-solve by estimating dinosaur sizes and comparing them with the train cars’ capacity.
You can find these and all of PBS KIDS’ apps here: http://pbskids.org/mobile/