Patriotic product highlights include:
· Disney American Presidents – Check out the educational app Entertainment Weekly named one of the 10 best for 2012! Download it today for your iPad or iPhone for a fresh new way to learn about the extraordinary men who inhabited the Oval Office and set the course for our country. Just in time for Presidents’ Day! Created with a former producer of The Colbert Report and The Daily Show, the app features commentary from historical experts, presidential profiles, interactive pages, and videos. Available on iTunes. ($3.99)
· Lincoln: A Steven Spielberg Film interactive book and Lincoln: A Cinematic and Historical Companion hardcover book by David Rubel with forewords by Steven Spielberg and Kathleen Kennedy, afterword by Tony Kushner – Go behind the scenes of Steven Spielberg’s historical epic, Lincoln. See how a crucial time in America’s history was recreated and brought to the screen in beautiful photos, art, interviews, music (with interactive book), and compelling historical narrative. The interactive book was created with Apple’s unique interactive book app and will allow the audience to immerse themselves in Abraham Lincoln’s most critical period as President of the United States. Interactive book available on iTunes. Hardcover book available wherever books are sold. ISBN: 1423181999; Price: $45.00; Ages: 18–30; Imprint: Disney Editions
· Grace for President by Kelly S. DiPucchio, illustrated by LeUyen Pham – With some hard work, a bright smile and a good campaign, Grace sets out to win her school’s mock presidential election when she learns that there has never been a woman president in the United States. Available wherever books are sold. ISBN: 1423139992; Price: $15.99; Ages: 5–9; Imprint: Disney-Hyperion
· John, Paul, George & Ben by Lane Smith – Once there were four lads… John [Hancock], Paul [Revere], George [Washington], and Ben [Franklin]. Oh yes, there was also Tom [Jefferson], but he was annoyingly independent and hardly ever around. These lads were always getting into trouble for one reason or another. In other words, they took a few…liberties. And to be honest, they were not always appreciated. This is the story of five little lads before they became five really big Founding Fathers. Available wherever books are sold. ISBN: 0786848936; Price: $16.99; Ages: 3–7; Imprint: Disney-Hyperion
· The American Presidents DVDs (Volumes 1–4) – The four DVDs in this series contain short-form biographies of our nation’s presidents, from George Washington to current President Barack Obama, as well as historical overviews of the eras in which these presidents presided. Also included in each DVD is an educational bonus feature, exploring issues such as why the United States selected presidency over monarchy to the important role the president and federal government play in managing our nation’s financial health. The DVDs feature interviews and insights from political experts and commentators, including Sam Donaldson, Wesley Clark, Paul Begala, Melissa Harris-Perry, and many more. Available on DisneyEducation.com. For a limited time, all DVDs are just $14.99 each when you buy any 4 or more.
· Mickey Icon Pin – American Flag – Disney salutes the United States of America with this patriotic pin featuring the Stars and Stripes on a cloisonné Mickey icon. Available on DisneyStore.com ($7.95).
· Vinylmation Holiday 3 Series Independence Day – 9” – Celebrate victory and freedom with this Independence Day figure. A revolutionary addition to your collection, this determined colonist is ready to fight. Or just stand there and look cool. Available on DisneyStore.com ($44.95).
Products available at Disney Store, DisneyStore.com, DisneyEducation.com, the iTunes Store, and wherever books are sold, are featured below, including the Disney American Presidents App; children’s books including the New York Times best-sellers Grace for President and John, Paul, George & Ben; the American Presidents DVDs; and an Independence Day Vinylmation figure.