Product & gift card provided.
Krusteaz challenged me to use one of the new pumpkin spice mixes to create a spooktacular Halloween recipe. If you’re as busy as I am this year, then you’re going to love what I came up with – adorable zombie cookies that you can make in a hurry!
- 1 box Krusteaz Pumpkin Spice Cookies Mix
- 1 egg
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 4 tsp. cold water
- 6 drops of red food coloring
- Gummy zombie hand lollipops
- Cooking spray
- In a large bowl, stir the cookie mix, butter, and egg together with a wooden spoon. Using butter gives the cookies a richer flavor, but margarine works also. You may need to use your hands to fully knead the butter into the mix.
- Cover a baking sheet with foil and spritz with cooking spray. Use an ice cream scoop to measure out the dough onto the sheet - you want to make the cookies a little extra large to provide a deep base for the gummy hands, so you should end up with around 9 cookies total.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 16 minutes or until done. Remove from the tray and onto a cooking rack.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the spiced vanilla glaze packet (included in the Krusteaz mix) with the water and food coloring. Drizzle the glaze over the cookies so that it resembles blood. (Tip: Place a cutting board or foil underneath the cooling rack to catch the drips from the glaze.) Allow the glaze to harden for a few minutes, then stick a gummy hand into each cookie to complete the look. These lollipops are specifically designed to decorate cupcakes and other baked goods - look for them in the Halloween display at your local grocery store, or online. Mine were by Candi-Fetti and came in a package of 8, but there seem to be a few brands in the gummy-zombie business these days!