Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe with Truvia® Baking Blend
Makes: 25 cookies
Ingredients (Browned Butter):
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into ½-inch-thick slices
1 cup minus 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
½ tsp salt
½ tsp baking soda
1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp Truvia® Baking Blend
1/3 cup browned butter, room temperature
2 tbsp liquid egg substitute or egg white
1 tbsp skim milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
Instructions (Browned Butter):
1. In a medium saucepan, heat the butter over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until it melts and begins to foam. Once it begins to brown, stir continuously with a heatproof spatula to prevent the milk solids from burning. Continue to cook until the butter turns golden and you detect a nutty aroma.
2. Scrape the butter into a small bowl, cover, and refrigerate for several hours, until it is firm.
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray baking sheet with baking spray.
2. In a small mixing bowl combine the flour, salt and baking soda.
3. In a separate medium bowl, combine the butter and Truvia® Baking Blend and beat using an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes until the mixture is slightly light a fluffy. Do not over mix.
4. Add the egg, milk and vanilla. Continue to mix for 1 minute, or until all the ingredients are blended together.
5. Mix in the flour, salt and baking soda mixture until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
6. Portion the cookies into 1 tbsp each. Place them several inches apart on the baking sheet. Press the cookies flat using the palm of your hand. They should be ¼” to ½” in thickness.
7. Bake the cookies on the center rack of the oven for 7-8 minutes, until brown at the edges. Rotate the cookies half way through baking.
8. Transfer the cookies to the top rack of the oven and bake for 1 addition minute, or until the top of the cookie slightly browned.
Nutrition Facts per serving: (1 cookie)
Calories 75; Total Fat, 3.5g