You all must know by now that I have a very soft spot for Sara Lee and the products they make. Even before I started blogging, one of the brands we purchase from most often for food products has been Sara Lee. They make bakery products, frozen desserts, Jimmy Dean, Hillshire Farms, not to mention Ball Park, my husband’s all time favorite hot dog brand. Actually, the whole family enjoys Ball Park all beef franks. YUM!
I’ve heard that you haven’t had a hot dog until you’ve had one in New York, well, I went to New York and somehow I missed out. Ball Park Franks is helping make it easier for hot dog lovers to indulge in the authentic New York deli taste right from their own backyard with the launch of their NEW Deli Style Beef Franks!
The Ball Park Deli Style Beef Franks contain great tasting, high quality beef with no artificial colors, no artificial flavors, no by-products and no MSG added. Available in two varieties, Ball Park Deli Style Beef Franks and Ball Park Bun Size Deli Style Beef Franks, they make for a quick and easy meal option for the entire family – whether they’re grilled, boiled, microwaved or steamed.
Ball Park also asked for grilling tips from bloggers like me. So if you’re planning on grilling this summer, and most red blooded Americans do at least once here are some really great grilling tips:
Here are your blogger approved grilling tips:
• When grilling fruit make sure to use the cooler parts of the grill – fruit does best with a lower temperature.
– Louise Bishop from Mom Start
• Use an onion cut in half to clean your grill. Heat up the grill, hold the onion by the “stem” and then rub the onion all over the grates.
– Courtney Solstad from My Crazy Savings
• No topping is too unique for a hot dog. After grilling the franks, place them in a bun and top them with some of my favorite items (not necessarily together!): Crumbled Potato Chips, French Fries, Bacon Crumbles and Chili.
– Tésa Nicolanti from 2 Wired 2 Tired
• Make sure you turn your hot dogs over on all sides equally and once you see a bit of blistering on the outside that means the hot dogs are grilled enough to eat.
– Melissa Chapman from The Staten Island Family
• I love this grilled vegetable recipe! Thinly slice peeled potatoes and onions and place on the center of a piece of foil. Add a few tabs of butter, kosher salt, cracked black pepper, and anything else you like, such as chunks of bell peppers or crushed garlic. Wrap into a package and toss on the grill for smoky, delicious potatoes!
– Angela Williamson from Fab Find Foodie
Ball Park Franks is hosting a “Grilling Days of Summer” Sweepstakes for Ball Park Facebook fans to have the chance to win the ultimate 4th of July Bash by sharing a photo of their family and friends grilling out and enjoying the warm weather along with a caption about how they celebrate the summer.
It wouldn’t be MomStart without a little giveaway so one winner will receive:
3 Ball Park Frank Free Product Coupons
Tell me your grilling tip in the comment section
This giveaway ends June 20th. All rules can be found under giveaway rules.