I’m a member of the Hormel Foods Extended Family Blogger Program and receive samples and recipes to share with my readers. I found this Blazing 8” Chili recipe on their website and just had to share it with you. If you like Heat in your food then be sure to follow the notes left at the bottom of the recipe.
Blazing 8” Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can Hormel® Chili With Beans
- 1 (15-ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 2 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (8-ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 habanero pepper, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons masa (corn flour)
- 3 tablespoons chipotle chile powder
- 10 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Sliced green onions
Heat skillet over medium heat. Add beef. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned; drain.
In stockpot, combine beef, chili, beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce and tomato paste; mix well. Cook over medium heat. Stir in chopped onion and habanero.
Stir masa, chile powder, chili powder and garlic powder into pot. Season with salt, black pepper and cayenne, if desired. Simmer 1 hour or until flavors are developed.
Serve chili in soup bowls with cheese, dollop sour cream and sprinkling green onions.
- The longer this chili simmers, the “hotter” it gets.
From Firefighter Jason Yamamoto of the St. Paul Fire Station No. 8 in St. Paul, Minnesota