This recipe is brought to you by Ninja Steam-Infused Roasting and Baking 3-in-1 Cooking System. A simple and delicious entrée that will definitely impress your guests. They recommend searing after steam roasting to ensure optimal browning. PREP: 10 min COOK: 60-70 minutes SERVE: 10
Beef Tenderloin with Red Wine Reduction Recipe
1 6-pound whole beef tenderloin, trimmed
5 cloves garlic, peeled and cut into thin pieces
Kosher salt and pepper
3 cups beef broth
2 bay leaves
1 tablespoons butter (for searing) +2 tablespoons butter (for red wine reduction)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 bottle red wine, merlot or pinot noir preferred (light-bodied)
1. Pat dry whole beef tenderloin with paper towels. Fold the small end of the beef tenderloin under, and tie with cooking twine. Cut the meat through in half to make two equal sized roasts to fit in pot.
2. With a small, thin knife, make small slits in meat and stud with garlic on all sides. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add broth and bay leaves to pot, place meat on roasting rack, place in pot, and cover. Set OVEN to 350°F for 30 minutes. Cook until meat reaches 120°F internal temperature. Remove meat and rack. Pour off steam roasting liquid.
4. Add 1 tablespoon butter and oil to pot. Set to STOVETOP HIGH and sear meat on all sides until meat is 130◦F, approximately 15 minutes.
5. Remove meat and place on platter to rest, until temperature reaches internal temperature of 140◦F.
6. To make red wine reduction, pour red wine into pot and set to STOVETOP HIGH. Reduce to ½ the liquid. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Whisk in 2 tablespoons butter and pour into a gravy boat. To serve, cut meat into 1-inch medallions and serve with red wine reduction.