Here is another recipe I wanted to share with all of you from Hormel. This recipes is sure to be a crowd pleaser because it’s covered in bacon!
Bacon and Caramelized Onion Pizza Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups thinly sliced new red potatoes
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 (12-inch) prebaked thin-crust pizza shell
- 3/4 cup sour cream and chive potato topper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 slices HORMEL® Fully Cooked Bacon, crumbled
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In large skillet, cook potatoes, onions, garlic, fresh and dried rosemary, salt and pepper in oil over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until potatoes are browned and tender.
- On baking sheet, place pizza shell. Spread potato topper over shell. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Top with potato mixture, bacon and remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake pizza 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into appetizer squares to serve.