It’s that time of year where we have to hit the stores for back to school shopping and kids lists are getting techier than ever. Many kids are required to get tablets for school while other’s only need the most complex calculators. Either way according to a recent study by Rubicon Project, the biggest Back to School budget item for both K-12 ($343) and college freshmen parents is technology ($470). Some of us are ready to get our kids phones, even though the teachers might take them. I kind of like that idea though, of all the phones being held as attendance markers. I don’t know what do you guys think? What’s on your back to school list this year. My kids both need tablets because we do on-line home school and sharing a computer while I’m also trying to work is impossible.
One place that might not come to mind for back to school shopping is AT&T, BUT they do have some really amazing back to school deals on tablets and cool new devices, such as the iPhone 6s, Samsung Galaxy S7 Active, iPad Mini 2, Trek 2 Tablet and select smartwatches are LTE-compatible devices. AT&T LTE technology is capable of delivering speeds faster than many other mobile Internet technologies. Customers can stream, download, upload and game faster than ever before. Further, LTE technology offers lower latency, or the processing time it takes to move data through a network. This includes examples like how long it takes to start downloading a webpage or file once you’ve sent the request. Lower latency helps to improve services like mobile gaming, and two-way video calling.
Here is a list of other items that are on promotion at AT&T
1. Phone BOGO: AT&T is offering buy one smartphone, get one free when you buy both on AT&T Next Every Year or AT&T Next. Smartphones included in the offer are: iPhone 6s and 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7, Samsung Galaxy S6 32 GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 active 32 GB, LG G5 and the LG V10. Offer ends August 31, 2016.
o Related: On average, children are getting their first smartphones around age 10, according to the research firm Influence Central, down from age 12 in 2012. For some children, smartphone ownership starts even sooner — including second graders as young as 7, according to internet safety experts.
2. iPad Mini 2 for Under $100 (16GB): Only $99.99 on 2-yr agreement with purchase of any iPhone on AT&T Next. The Apple iPad mini features a 7.9-inch retina display, built-in Wi-Fi, a 5 megapixel rear-facing camera with autofocus, a 1.5 megapixel front-facing camera, and 720p HD video recording. Introducing the iPad mini with retina display.
3. Trek 2 Tablet for 99 Cents: Starting August 5, the AT&T Trek 2 HD tablet will be available online and in stores nationwide for $0.99 with a two-year agreement. Weighing just 12.8 ounces, the AT&T Trek 2 HD has a polished, lightweight design and includes a bright 8 inch HD display that’s ideal for watching video from your favorite channels on DIRECTV.
o Related: Check out some of these tablet apps for the younger ones. They support social and emotional health to help kids succeed in school. We’ve also got tools to help teachers personalize learning.
4. Free Surface 3 Keyboard Type Cover: AT&T customers can get a free Surface 2 Keyboard Type Cover ($129 Value) with the purchase of Microsoft Surface 3 on 2-year agreement ($499). Microsoft Surface 3 is the tablet that can replace your laptop. With the integrated Kickstand, the ability to run desktop software and touch apps, and a full-size USB port, Surface 3 is a perfect mix of innovation and practicality. As thin and light as it is, you’ll be amazed at all you can achieve with this device.
5. Smartwatches: Get a Free Samsung Gear S2 or $49.99 Gear S2 Classic Smartwatch with the purchase of any Galaxy smartphone on AT&T Next. Both smartwatches come with NumberSync from AT&T, which gives you the freedom to use your primary mobile phone number on your Gear S2 or Gear S2 Classic smartwatch. Your phone doesn’t even need to be nearby or turned on. Use your mobile number to make and receive calls and text messages on your smartwatch, even when it’s outside of Bluetooth range. One number: Calls and texts from your smartwatch will display as your mobile number. One voicemail: Check your smart phone voicemails from your synced smartwatch.
o Related: Ownership of wearable devices has doubled since 2014, study finds. Since 2014, the adoption rate for wearable devices has grown from 21 percent to 49 percent, according to a survey released Thursday by business services firm Price Waterhouse Coopers.
6. Beats Solo 2 Headphones 20% Off: Chances are that just about any student, no matter the age, will want a pair of Beats headphones. And until August 18, the Beats Solo 2 wireless headphones are 20% off. At home or on the go, students can enjoy wireless freedom and crisp, clear audio.
7. 20% Off Speakers, Chargers & More: Purchase 3 or more eligible accessories, including speakers, headphones and chargers, and save 20% off your purchase. When you’re a student on-the-go, you can’t let studies fall behind due to a low battery. AT&T offers a variety of universal battery chargers to make sure your devices are always at full charge. Now you’ll never run out of battery working on that assignment that was due an hour ago. AT&T retail stores also offer a selection of durable, wireless audio speakers that are perfect to throw in your bag and not worry about getting crushed beneath all those textbooks.
8. Switch to AT&T and Get $650: AT&T is offering you up to $650 in credits to help you switch your wireless service. Simply purchase a new smartphone on AT&T Next, activate eligible service, port your number, and trade-in your current eligible smartphone to AT&T. Get up to $650 in Credit Per Line. This is great for families and businesses with multiple smartphones.
(Our friends at AT&T are providing the gift card for this giveaway, no other compensation was received)
Enter to Win:
$100 AT&T gift card
Tell me which item from the list is on your list of needs or wants…
Use the rafflecopter