About Debi Derryberry and Baby Banana
In addition to her success as one of Hollywood’s most active voice-over artists, L.A.-based kids’ entertainer Debi Derryberry is passionate about writing and performing in front of live audiences. Today, the multi-talented performer is turning that passion into a burgeoning career as a singer/songwriter of award-winning children’s CDs and an author. Released in 2006 and 2008, respectively, her first two CDs are “What A Way To Play” and “Very Derryberry,” both of which have garnered widespread critical acclaim. Today, Debi is very excited about her latest creative endeavor: the delightful preschool children’s character, Baby Banana, who first appeared in a calypso-themed song on “What A Way to Play.” A hit with children and parents, “Baby Banana” rose to number one on Sirius Radio. Debi is touring extensively in 2009, entertaining kids and grown-ups with songs and stories about Baby Banana, his Daddy Gorilla and Momma Duck, and their tropical fantasy world of natural wonders, exotic animal friends, and tantalizing tastes, sights and smells. Their adventures are also celebrated in her new CD, “Debi Derryberry’s Baby Banana,” and book, “Baby Banana and the Licorice Tree.” Published in December ’08, the book marks Debi’s debut as a children’s author.
Baby Banana was inspired by a bedtime story about a unique and loving family – Baby Banana, Momma Duck and Daddy Gorilla – which was originally created for Debi’s young son. Visitors to the website will be enchanted as they enter a tropical fantasy world filled with calypso-themed music and videos, colorful animations and a host of hands-on activities, including these highlights:
- Four beautifully-produced new music videos that feature Debi performing her songs in a blend of live action and animation: “Baby Banana,” “Happiest Day,” “Tropical Fruit” and “I Wish You Could Fly with Me.”
- A free download of the new song, “Tropical Fruit,” for those who join the Baby Banana Fan Club.
- Two interactive games – “Memory” and “Candy Catch” – that will elicit squeals and giggles from little ones, with more to be added soon!
- A monthly banana/tropical-fruit-themed recipe from leading kids’ culinary school, Piccolo Chef (www.piccolochef.com).
- Hands-on activities that kids and their grown-ups will enjoy doing together.
- Mini-features about Baby Banana, his family and their exotic animal friends.
- A blog in which the energetic Baby Banana will share his experiences with fans who come to visit.
- Concert footage of Debi and Baby Banana performing for live audiences.
The website will also include the latest news about Debi’s live appearances with Baby Banana and a place for children to share their drawings and words about the characters.
“Pick a banana today”
My daughter and I were dancing. She went crazy with this song. We were going up and down the hall and this just put her in the best mood. It was needed too. We had a rough day. I’m not saying this is the best music ever or anything but it was ok. I could see myself getting tired of this music but adding it to our collection is perfect. There are some swaying songs and some up beat songs.
The last song is the story Baby Banana and the Licorice Tree read by Debi Derryberry.
Visit Baby Banana and tell me what you like.
Subscribe to my blog
Follow me on twitter tell me your twitter ID
Blog about the giveaway include a link to me and a link to the sponsor for three extra entries Tweet the giveaway (every time you tweet you get an entry) Link to the giveaway please!!!
Add my button to your blog/blog roll
Add my Father’s Day Fling Button to your blog or website.
Leave a comment for every entry and the giveaway ends June 1st.