Pumpkin bread is so yummy – during a Halloween party one year, I remember making pumpkin bread and using it to mop up pumpkin soup. Why yes, I do love pumpkin! 😉 So this recipe from Andrea Correale of Elegant Affairs looks great to me:
Autumn Pumpkin Bread
Recipe by Andrea Correale
2 cups canned pumpkin
3 cups sugar
1 cup water
1 cup vegetable oil
3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Heat oven to 350.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar, water, vegetable oil and eggs.
3. Beat until well mixed.
4. Measure the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, nutmeg and cloves into a separate bowl and stir until combined.
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture, beating until smooth. Stir in the walnuts.
6. Grease two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans and dust with flour.
7. Evenly divide the batter between the two pans.
8. Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
9. Cool for 10-15 minutes, then remove from pans by inverting onto a rack and tapping the bottoms.