I’m a member of the Hormel Foods Extended Family Blogger Program and receive samples and recipes to share with my readers. Here is an Asparagus Chunk Chicken Salad recipe perfect for mid summer. Use fresh asparagus and Hormel® chunk chicken to create a light, summery salad that is nutritious for the whole family
Asparagus Chunk Chicken Salad
- 1 (5-ounce) can Hormel® Chunk Breast of Chicken
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed, cut diagonally into 1 1/2-inch lengths and blanched
- 6 green onions, cut diagonally into 1 1/2-inch lengths
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cut crosswise into 1-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced crystallized ginger
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Drain chicken, reserving broth. In large bowl, combine chicken, asparagus, onions and romaine; mix well.
To make dressing, in small saucepan, heat oil. Add garlic and ginger. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Blend in reserved broth, lemon juice, soy sauce and sugar; bring to a boil.
Pour dressing over salad; toss. Sprinkle with walnuts. Serve immediately.