We received samples.
I’m learning more about what my son likes now that I’m here in LA. I’m really trying to connect with both my kids, talking to them every day and making sure that what we are doing is making them happy. My son had his birthday the same time that RoseArt sent me a fairly new product to review. We’ve actually had one of our reviewers Heather review it before. She reviewed the Graphic Skinz Design Studio for her daughter. We are focusing on the boy element of the Graphic Skinz and it was a huge hit.
I gave the set to my son for his birthday and he had to start making the gorilla right away. I told him I had to put it together firs and it was hard for him to wait. I got the water chamber together and explained to him this is going to work like a vaccum and it will suck all the water out while making the art stick to the plastic objects.
Graphic Skinz is basically a way to apply a custom “skin” (similar to a temporary tattoo) to any water safe object. The product comes with a chamber (for applying the skins), some figurines, patterned skins and more. But the real magic happens when you start to skin your own stuff: cell phone cases, light switch covers, etc.
I never realized that he liked art so much, or rather, I knew he liked to draw but the crafty stuff was always his sister. Plus this is kind of educational. Like I said, I was able to explain to him how a vacuum worked and that the paper was going to turn out really colorful like it did. He loved it.
More about the set we received:
- Customize and create like never before with the Graphic Skinz Design Studio
- Motorized Vacuum Chamber —applies graphic skinz in seconds
- Includes 30 Graphic Skinz in bold colors and unique patterns
- 3 customizable models—Monster Truck, Creepy Spider and Ferocious Shark—all ready for you to skin!
- The cylindrical sponge allows you to apply graphic skinz to 3-D objects
- The sponge detailer gives your creations 360-degrees of skinz coverage
- A detailed instruction sheet provides all necessary steps so you can create a masterpiece!
The Robotic Ape (is what I called the gorilla above)
- Robotic Ape design pack includes 1 large customizable model that easily snaps apart and back together
- Four 4”x4” and Eight 2”x4” Graphic Skinz in a variety of bold and bright patterns
- An easy-to-follow instruction sheet makes skinning a breeze
- Design Packs are created to be used with the Motorized Vacuum Chamber (sold separately)
We also received extra skinz.
I didn’t realize at first that he could make change to it. I told him not to put the gorilla pieces back in the chamber but after further reading I found that you can. You can layer as many skinz on top of each other as you want. Here’s how you do this. You take what you want to put a skinz on and you cut the skinz to match the object’s shape and size. Then you place the yellow sponge (wet of course) around the object you have attached the skinz to. Then you turn on the chamber (after you close the lid) and press the button for 20 seconds or until all the water is sucked out and viola! You have your new really cool toy to play with that you designed!