My kids love cupcakes and I love to try and find ways to make them a little healthier. They say that an apple a day keeps the doctor away so these apple butter core cupcakes are sure to please both moms and kids.
Apple Butter Core Cupcakes
1 White or Vanilla Cake Mix
1 Coconut Pecan Frosting
Apple Slices (optional)
1. Follow directions on cake mix box for baking cupcakes.
2. Once your cupcakes have finished baking, allow them to cool before adding frosting.
3. Once cupcakes are cool, use a spoon to scoop out the middle of the cupcake. Do not go all the
way through the bottom of the cupcake. Just a hole big enough to add a dollop of apple butter.
4. Fill your hole with a dollop of apple butter, taking care to not go too far past the rim of the hole.
5. Place frosting on the cupcakes while also covering the whole. You can use a frosting bag to do
this or a Ziploc baggy, if you have one handy.
6. Garnish with an apple slice if desired.