We are happy to share this great slow cooker recipe from FamilyFun Magazine. They have great recipes and activities to do as a family every issue.
- 1½ cups steel-cut oats
- 5 cups water
- ½ cup half-and-half
- 3¼ cups peeled, cored, and cubed apples (about 3)
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup maple syrup, divided
- 1½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup toasted pecans (optional)
- Stir together oats, water, half-and-half, apples, raisins, ¼ cup maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and salt in bowl of a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low, 4 to 4½ hours. (The cooker will switch to “warm” mode until you wake up.)
- Spoon oatmeal into bowls. Drizzle with remaining syrup and, if using, pecans.
- PER SERVING 340 CALORIES; 8g PROTEIN; 5g FAT (2g SAT. FAT); 67g CARBS; 7g FIBER; 1g SUGAR; 218mg SODIUM