While we were spending some time in Seattle we decided to take the kids on a ride on the Monorail. Miles loves anything with wheels and well the Seattle Monorail doesn’t have wheels so we wanted to see if he would love that too. The Seattle Center Monorail is the nation’s first full-scale commercial monorail system which provides a fun, quick and convenient link between downtown Seattle and Seattle Center.
His initial reaction was fear but then he loved it just as he loves all things that shake rattle and roll. He even wanted to sit by himself. Zoe however, sat very close to her dad.
And on the ride back next to me
Monorail Hours of Operation:
- OPEN Monday-Friday: 7:30 AM
- OPEN Saturday-Sunday: 8:30 AM
- CLOSED Sunday-Thursday: 9:00 PM
- CLOSED Friday-Saturday: 11:00 PM
- $2.25 for Adults
- $1.00 for Youth ages 5-12
- $1.00 for Reduced Rate (senior 65+, disabled, persons with Medicare cards, & active duty military)
- Children 4 and under ride free
Roundtrip rates are twice of a one-way fare
We had a fabulous time as a family in Seattle thanks to 2DaysinSeattle.