Make a cold pasta to help you beat the summer heat or give your pasta salad a distinct twist with a colorful addition of pesto and tasty Hormel® bacon: Bacon and Pesto Pasta Salad with HORMEL® Fully Cooked Bacon and Peloponnese® olives.
Bacon and Pesto Salad
- 1 (2.1-ounce) package HORMEL® Fully Cooked Bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1 (12-ounce) package spiral-shaped pasta, cooked, rinsed and chilled
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh mozzarella cheese, diced into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 (14-ounce) jar PELOPONNESE® Roasted Florina Sweet Pepper Strips, drained and chopped
- 1 (7-ounce) package refrigerated pesto
- On paper plate, place bacon; cover with paper towel. Microwave 30 seconds or until crisp.
- In large salad bowl, toss together chilled pasta, bacon, cheese and roasted peppers. Toss with pesto just before serving.