I bought a Costco size package of red potatoes and I wanted to cook something else with them before they went bad. I’m not exactly sure when a potato has gone bad, I think someone once told me that once they start growing then they are bad but if that’s the case then how do you know when a potato is ok for you. That question is for another day I suppose because my potatoes were still good. I used my can of Hormel Chicken and potatoes and eggs and created a Curry Chicken Frittata.
I opened up the can of Hormel Chicken, drained it and rinsed it. Put butter in a skillet and used a teaspoon of salt and 2 Tablespoons of curry and 6 peeled and chopped red potatoes.
Cooked for about 10 minutes, then added 1/2 cup water and let simmer for 15 more minutes. Next I cracked 6 eggs and stirred with a fork, then added 1/2 cup of cheese and poured into the pan. Cooked for about 5 minutes, letting the eggs get solid. Now I was worried about the eggs getting over cooked on the bottom so I stirred it a bit to make sure the liquid on the top would cook.
Curry Chicken Frittata Recipe:
2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
1 10 OZ can of Hormel Premium Chunk Chicken (drained and rinsed)
6 red potatoes peeled and chopped
1 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons Curry
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup cheese
- Cook the chicken, and potatoes in the butter for about five minutes.
- Add the salt and curry and cook for about five more minutes.
- Then add water and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, making sure the potatoes are cooked all the way
- Crack the eggs in a separate bowl, scramble them with a fork and add 1/2 cup of cheese
- Pour over the chicken and potatoes and cook the eggs until they are done, be careful not to over cook them.
I’m part of the Hormel Family Blogger Program and this post enters me into a contest at the end of six months.