After making the Apple Ring recipe I was thinking about what else I would do. Peaches seemed logical! Peaches and cream are a favored treat. Making rings out peaches isn’t possible without fresh peaches, so I had to alter my thinking. From jarred peaches I diced to bit size and added a creamy cheese … YUM! Eat these as a breakfast or brunch item if you wish, but my children just love to munch on these finger food favorites (minus any sticky sauces of course!).
Peaches and Cream Cobble Griddle Cakes Recipe
½ cup milk
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon almond extract
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon all spice
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup plain or vanilla yogurt
1 Tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
4 ounce block of cream or Neufchatel cheese
1 ripe peach, peeled and pitted
1. Chop cheese into mini bites about pea sized. Separate each piece; make sure pieces aren’t touching. Place in the freezer to chill.
2. Mix together all ingredients except cheese and peach. Stir until combine. (I usually add all the ingredients except ½ cup of flour and add it as the last ingredient. I mix as I got to get a smooth batter.)
3. Warm griddle to pancake temperature. On my stove top gas griddle I use the 6 heat setting.
4. Chop peaches into small bites no bigger than a dime. Add peaches and cheese to mixture. Fold in.
5. Pour batter onto griddle into desired size griddle cakes. Batter will spread a bit. When bubbles appear and pop on top, flip and fry the other side. Allow to cook until second side is also golden brown (about 45 seconds).
6. Serve warm with honey.
Summer is very active in our Local MOMS Club chapter, she is the mother of two adorable active boys, and is always thinking of ways to help others. She is a friend, a wife, and always busy as all mommies are. She is very active on Facebook, addicted to Geocaching and very interested in organic and green living while cooking up a storm.