Where to start with this one? 8 Simple Rules was John Ritter’s last show. He was still working when he died. I think it caught everyone off guard. It was right before season two was supposed to begin…..
Widowed mom Cate Hennessy raises three teens in this sitcom, which shifted focus in 2003 following the sudden death of its star, John Ritter, just before the start of its second season. Cate’s father Jim (James Garner) joined the show and helped the family adjust to the loss.
8 Simple Rules for Dating my Teenage Daughter was the original name of the series. It was based on a book by W. Bruce Cameron with the same title.The TV show was then changed to 8 Simple Rules. It ran from September 17 2002 to April 15 2005. Here is a copy of the rules:
The rules are:
- Use your hands on my daughter and you’ll lose them after.
- You make her cry, I make you cry.
- Safe sex is a myth. Anything you try will be hazardous to your health.
- Bring her home late, there’s no next date.
- Only delivery men honk. Dates ring the doorbell. Once.
- No complaining while you’re waiting for her. If you’re bored, change my oil.
- If your pants hang off your hips, I’ll gladly secure them with my staple gun.
- Dates must be in crowded public places. You want romance? Read a book.
I think I like these rules, now that I have my own daughter. Season Two has the final four episodes that John Ritter filmed and then they pick up as a family dealing with the death of their father. They bring on two guest stars that are very strong actors in my very humble opinion. David Spade and James Garner. They both became permanent stars on the show.
Season Two was just released to DVD on April 21st and I got a copy on that day. I also have one to giveaway.
Tell me who your favorite character is?
Subscribe to my blog
Follow me on twitter tell me your twitter ID
Blog about the giveaway include a link to me and a link to the sponsor for five extra entries Tweet the giveaway (every time you tweet you get an entry) Link to the giveaway please!!! Add my button to your blog/blog roll
Leave a comment for every entry and the giveaway ends June 7th